stdcxx-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Compiling stdcxx using Sun Studio 11 on Solaris 8
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:23:05 GMT
Dipak Bapatla wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone compiled the library with Sun Studio 11 on Solaris 8?

We have not tested with this compiler.

> I tried
> to compile but end up with errors. Here is what I have done so far.
>
> 1. Untarred the source distribution to a directory
>     /opt/idev3/dbapatla/stdcxx-4.1.3
> 2. gmake BUILDDIR=/opt/idev3/dbapatla/stdcxx BUILDTYPE=15d
> CONFIG=sunpro.config config

You can drop the "config" bit here. It should work with it but that's
not how it's normally used so you'll probably be safer without it.
This is also all that you should need to do to get the library
configured and built. Make will try to build the examples and other
stuff but you don't need to let it finish (you can if you want to
but it will take some time).

> 3. gmake BUILDDIR=/opt/idev3/dbapatla/stdcxx BUILDTYPE=15d
> CONFIG=sunpro.config lib

This step will be unnecessary if you follow my suggestion above.

> I have attached config.h from step 2. I have attached some errors from
> the build.

Looks like the LIMITS.cpp config test failed. The config.log might
help us figure out why. Attached is my config.h from a 15s build
of recent trunk with Sun C++ 5.7 (I guess that's Studio 10) for
comparison.

Martin