stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [Contact] Media question
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 16:16:46 GMT

On Aug 6, 2013, at 11:50 AM, C. Bergström <cbergstrom@pathscale.com> wrote:

> The Apache way didn't work for this project and instead of trying to think outside the
box... Some passionate people (primarily you?) decided it was better to close it.

If the Apache way didn't work for this project then the *only*
option was to stop it from (trying to be) an Apache project.
That happens. Some projects just aren't suited to be under
the Apache umbrella, for a variety of reasons, and that's OK.
The great thing about open source, and especially the ALv2,
is that even though the project didn't work an as Apache project,
there is nothing preventing anyone from taking the code and
forking it someplace where it could work (possibly).

Since you feel so passionately about it, I look forward to seeing
your fork of it and the community and project you will build around
it.

And no, I didn't want my name in the press so much. The ASF
was sought out; we didn't seek out the press. When the request
came in, I was the logical choice to respond and Sally forwarded
the request to me.

You seem to be interested in spinning a story of behind the
scenes drama and intrigue regarding all this. There is none.
The truth is sometimes just boring...