stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms>
Subject Re: STDCXX-970 and locale tests
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 12:30:43 GMT
On 10/08/12 22:21, Martin Sebor wrote:
> If there are deficiencies/failures in the test that you plan
> to work on fixing I would suggest doing that first, and making
> other improvements only after the fixes have been verified.
> I see no problem with removing some of the old Visual C++
> cruft (e.g., workarounds for MSVC 6 bugs), but again, I'd
> suggest to make these changes after fixing any bugs (unless
> the workarounds themselves are causing the failures).

Good point. I read the incident as asking for a cleanup job, basically.

The workarounds were causing unnecessary failures, at least one was
defective and/or applied when not needed. I have made another patch over
the week-end that is more conservative: it corrects as opposed to
eliminates the workarounds, and it preserves the libstd tests although
they are unusable right now.

I don't think we need to open a separate issue for the current test
failures indicative of problems in the library, e.g., __rw_strnxfrm
embedded NUL defect. Do you see any problems with lumping that in 970?

Liviu