stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms>
Subject Re: STDCXX-970 and locale tests
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:57:57 GMT
On 09/29/12 19:33, Liviu Nicoara wrote:
> [...] all locale tests are supposed to be run without RWSTD_LOCALE_ROOT defined?

I have looked in other tests and they seem to either:

1. Create their own "synthetic" locales from hard-coded sources.
2. Create true locales from STDCXX sources.

Both are placed at runtime in temporary directories, then the test sets RWSTD_LOCALE_ROOT,
and the localization library picks them from there. Setting the RWSTD_LOCALE_ROOT directory
beforehand (even to a correct location) is unexpected.

Also, I see that the localization tests do not make use of input files, unlike the older Rogue
Wave tests. Is that a policy going forward that the tests do not make use of external input
files?

Thanks,
Liviu