stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Liviu Nicoara <>
Subject Re: STDCXX-1056 : numpunct fix
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 23:50:14 GMT

On Sep 20, 2012, at 7:45 PM, Stefan Teleman wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Liviu Nicoara <> wrote:
>> Stefan, I want to be clear. You are talking about a patch identical in nature to
the one I have attached now. Just want to be 100% sure we are talking about the same thing.
This one still produces failures (crashes, assertions, etc.) in the locale MT tests on SPARC
and elsewhere in your builds?
> On September 17, 2012 I have posted the following message to this list:
> In that message, there is a link to my SPARC thread-safety test results:
> This test was run with the following _numpunct.h file:
> The test above shows 12440 race conditions detected for a test run of
>, with  --nthreads=8 --nloops=10000.
> Did you ever look at these test results? From reading your email, I
> realize that you never looked at it. That is the only possible
> explanation as to why you're asking now for SPARC test results, today
> being September 20, 2012.

I see, there is a confusion about this. Probably nobody explained it before. A failing test
case means a test case that causes the abnormal termination of the execution of the program
or creates evidence of abnormal data in the program execution.

In this respect please see the atomic add and exchange tests as classical examples of what
I mean.

I have read all your emails in detail and I have inspected all your attachments, modulo the
ones I could not open.

View raw message