stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms>
Subject Re: STDCXX-1072 SPARC V8 mutex alignment requirements
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:15:48 GMT
On 09/28/12 08:45, Liviu Nicoara wrote:
> On 09/28/12 08:29, Liviu Nicoara wrote:
>> I have created the above and linked it to the closed STDCXX-1066.
>> [...]
>> IMO, the patch I attached does not break binary compatibility.
>
> Scratch this, I haven't thought it through.

Actually, after more thought, I believe that the patch itself is not causing binary incompatibility.
The library built on a kernel-patched system will be binary incompatible with a library built
on a previous system, regardless of the patch I presented earlier, because new mutex alignment
requirements will have changed the size and layout of library objects. Comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Liviu