stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "C. Bergström" <cbergst...@pathscale.com>
Subject Re: STDCXX-1056 : numpunct fix
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 00:44:19 GMT
On 09/21/12 07:39 AM, Liviu Nicoara wrote:
> Now, in all honesty, it is not too hard to do that. Once you can satisfactorily explain
to yourself what is wrong in the program, the creation of a test case is trivial. Some multi-threading
bugs are insidious and hard to reproduce, but even then it's doable by isolating as little
a portion of the codebase as possible, as a standalone program, and trimming it until the
failure becomes easily reproducible.
fencepost comment - The results are based on tools and I don't think he
has a large program which actually triggers the conditions.  (Creating
one may take quite some time....)