stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <mse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A question (or two) of procedure, etc.
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 14:54:50 GMT
We should remember that there are a number of Jira issues that
we fixed on 4.2.x but haven't merged out to 4.3.x or trunk. The
idea behind the current process (4.2.x -> 4.3.x -> trunk) was
to be able to simply merge the branches in bulk, as opposed to
an fix at a time. Unfortunately, we ran into some Subversion
issues that made it a huge pain. IIRC, Travis did it at least
once so he might still remember the details.

Before we change the process, it might be a good idea to go
through the Jira issues (I think they are resolved but not
Closed), commit the 4.2.x fixes to 4.3.x and trunk, and close
them. That way we won't have to wonder what fixes are where.

Going forward, to avoid this mess, I would suggest we make
an effort to commit fixes wherever necessary at the same
time instead of delaying it until some time in the future.

Martin