stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms>
Subject Re: Intel C++ bug reports?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 11:20:11 GMT
On 09/04/12 21:25, Martin Sebor wrote:
> On 09/04/2012 07:02 PM, Liviu Nicoara wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Does any of you know how to go about submitting an Intel compiler bug without a premier
support account?

>> While configuring the library on my x86_64 machine, I ran into what appears to be
a code generation compiler bug which affects LIMITS.cpp test -- the test cycles ad infinitum
because of the incorrect test marked below:

> I don't know if there's a way to submit it outside Premier but I
> have an account and can submit bugs for us.
>
> Looking at the test below, though, it depends on undefined behavior
> (signed overflow) so there's no compiler bug. Making max volatile
> fools icc just enough to produce the expected output (while still
> relying on undefined behavior). It would be good to clean it up,
> though. I think computing UINT_MAX instead and shifting it right
> by the number of sign bits (i.e., 1) should work.

I _know_ it's undefined behavior. :) My case is that Intel is also the only compiler failing
this test. On that grounds alone they should look at it -- I know the gcc guys do when it
comes to their compiler. Let them shoot it down if they so wish.

Thanks.

Liviu