stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms>
Subject Re: STDCXX forks
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 16:15:12 GMT
On 08/31/12 12:20, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Liviu Nicoara <nikkoara@hates.ms> wrote:
>
>> Stefan's seem like a complete git-ification of the whole Apache repository
>> but with no changes I could detect.
>
> Not quite. :-)
> [...]
> The official Oracle port for Solaris 10 and 11, which I maintain, is here:
>
> http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/userland/gate/components/stdcxx/

Hi Stefan, I have went through the patches. Specifically, I have spent more time looking in
the mutex alignment changes and the C++ C library headers patches, and I only read the others.
In order:

The test extensions seem to be genuine by and large, but I would further analyze them after
I find out what is it they are addressing (test cases?).

The regression tests whose names contain references to internal bug numbers require a bit
more analysis as to their usefulness. Of course an explanation attached to each would alleviate
duplicating your work. I have not cross-checked them to JIRA.

Some of the compiler characterizations changes, as well as the associated GNUmakefile's, seem
to be specific to your port, e.g., GNUmakefile, GNUmakefile.cfg changes. I may have spotted
other issues but I would wait for your feed-back first.

The C++ C library headers seem to have been re-written to your port. I am unsure why you needed
this, but it surely breaks the original intent for these headers' structure. I have also noticed
that you stripped the Apache notice and added an Oracle copyright notice on them.

This pretty much sums up my first impression.

If you were willing to submit them one by one (*), complete with test cases and complete patches
(ChangeLog entries and all) I would put in the necessary review time and provide feed-back
asap. Please let me know if I missed anything.

I sincerely hope this helps.

Thanks!

Liviu

(*) As in issue by issue, not file by file.