stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Teleman <stefan.tele...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New chair and/or attic
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 18:52:57 GMT
On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Liviu Nicoara <nikkoara@hates.ms> wrote:
> On 08/29/12 10:54, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>
>> Looking over the lack of activity within this project, it's
>> obvious (at least to me), that maybe its day is done.
>>
>> Should I call a vote to move C++ to the Attic? Or is there someone
>> who feels that the project should still exist *and* is willing
>> to stand as chair?
>

> Hi Jim,
>
> The discussion back in February showed that, even though committers have not
> spent much time lately contributing new code to it, there is an active
> review of the activity occurring on the mailing list and people have
> volunteered time to at least review outside contributions. As Stefan
> remarked, putting it in the Attic pretty much closes the activity around it,
> as little as it is.
>
> I personally have a renewed interest in the implementation and am in the
> process of reviving my apache account with the intention of being a constant
> presence here, and I hope I will be able to contribute as well. I am not
> sure if anyone reviewed the patches volunteered by Stefan yet, or the
> changes in forks elsewhere, but I am currently looking at that, too.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Liviu

I've been quiet lately for reasons completely unrelated to my interest
in stdcxx. I'm still just as interested as I was before. I've also
developed a new interest in getting stdcxx to compile with clang 3.1 -
it currently doesn't.

Perhaps we could also start discussing C++2011 - at a convenient pace,
since only clang currently supports it.

0.02.

--Stefan

--