stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms>
Subject Branching policy, 4.3.x, 5.0.0, etc.
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:56:24 GMT
The branching policy [1] in effect looks very much like the Rogue Wave release process: branch
at the beginning of each release cycle, work on the release branch, merge changes back into
the trunk at release time (and in between as needed). Did I get that right?

 From what I gather 4.2.x has last released 4.2.1, there is a 4.3.x with no releases, and
a prospective 5.0.0 which should come out of the trunk (I saw changes mentioning 5.0.0). What
are the stated goals for the 4.3.x and 5.x?

Thanks.

[1]http://wiki.apache.org/stdcxx/Branching