stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "C. Bergström" <cbergst...@pathscale.com>
Subject Re: STDCXX forks
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 12:58:23 GMT
On 08/31/12 07:40 PM, Liviu Nicoara wrote:
> Please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> I have seen two forks on github, one belonging to C.
> Bergstrom/Pathscale and the other to Stefan Teleman.
>
> The first one contains a number of genuine code changes outside the
> Apache repository, but without canonical and meaningful commit
> comments, and without accompanying test cases.
We can help clean this up if it makes a real difference
> Some carry what seem to be bug id's from a private bug database. Some
> of the changes, e.g., 84d01405124b8c08bb43fdc3755ada2592449727
iirc we renamed the files because of some problem with cmake - it was
trying to compile those files instead of treating them like headers.
> , fa9a45fb36e45b71ba6b4ae93b50bd6679549420, seem odd.
I forget why we did this tbh - I'll try to get an answer in case it
comes up again as a question
> Are you guys dropping support for any  platforms?
Not intentionally - We are using/testing this on Solaris, FBSD and Linux
- We may add OSX/Win to that list soon, but I can't promise at this
point.  For targets we only are able to test x86 and x86_64

NetBSD also has a "fork" I believe, but not sure if it's public/status

> Stefan's seem like a complete git-ification of the whole Apache
> repository but with no changes I could detect.
He has quite a number of patches and forget where those are kept.  I'm
guessing a lot of his fixes target KDE/Qt apps and the Perennial C++VS
testsuite.
http://www.peren.com/pages/cppvs_set.htm