stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms>
Subject Re: New chair and/or attic
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 13:19:11 GMT
On 08/30/12 08:56, "C. Bergström" wrote:
> On 08/30/12 07:29 PM, Liviu Nicoara wrote:
>
>> AFAICT, the Apache Foundation has been a good host for STDCXX during these years.
They have provided a framework [...] in accordance to their principles about what constitutes
a healthy software project.
> I disagree that the recent actions have fostered positive growth in the project.
> 1) They fired the previous PMC - who was by far the most invested and dedicated person
to the project. I don't care if he missed some reports or had a few flippant comments - I
think it was pretty stupid (I mean he's part of the C++ standard committee)

Again, according to their principles on what is and what is not a healthy project. I have
not yet regained access to my committer account so I am not fully aware of the private discussions
around the PMC switch.