stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Wojciech Meyer <Wojciech.Me...@arm.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Retirement of stdcxx to the 'Attic'?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 17:44:28 GMT
Hi William,

On 2/5/2012 10:36 AM, Wojciech Meyer wrote:
> > This is partially because stdcxx is still considered to be a derivate
> > implementation of RogueWave in ARM toolchain, so upgrading at some
> > point would have had a smaller impact on our customers than porting
> > the toolchain into another library, apart from that I think this means
> > that we will have yet smaller choice of C++ libraries avaiable - even
> > if they are a bit outdated.
> >
> > Therefore -1.

> You trimmed the vote thread... can we presume you are willing to be
> active in the project?

Sorry, my understanding was that the header tells everything, if there
was an online poll please count this vote as -1 formally as: *not* putting
the stdcxx Apache STL project to Apache Attic.

Of course I would like to contribute if that's possible, I do have a
formal agreement of ARM, at least for the ARM related patches - please
see below.

> > PS: I still have some pending patches to port it to ARM Compiler, if
> > somebody would be happy to review it/commit it I would be happy to
> > follow up - Martin was looking, but we both stuck at some point with
> > having not enough time to do it. Now, as how the things stands I think
> > they should be pushed.

> It's necessary to push these at the bug tracker or the dev@ list.  One
> problem is that if you push it to an individual (e.g. Martin) then there
> is no chance the community can help take up the slack when that individual
> gets busy.

I understand that. Some of them were put into Jira:

STDCXX-1051

at least this. I can do some digging and find out if I tracked the other
ones, otherwise I will raise them in Jira.

Wojciech

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may
also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or
copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.