stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Wojciech Meyer <Wojciech.Me...@arm.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Retirement of stdcxx to the 'Attic'?
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 16:36:44 GMT
Hi all,

-1

This is partially because stdcxx is still considered to be a derivate
implementation of RogueWave in ARM toolchain, so upgrading at some
point would have had a smaller impact on our customers than porting
the toolchain into another library, apart from that I think this means
that we will have yet smaller choice of C++ libraries avaiable - even
if they are a bit outdated.

Therefore -1.

PS: I still have some pending patches to port it to ARM Compiler, if
somebody would be happy to review it/commit it I would be happy to
follow up - Martin was looking, but we both stuck at some point with
having not enough time to do it. Now, as how the things stands I think
they should be pushed.

Wojciech
From: Farid Zaripov [faridz@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 7:34 PM
To: dev@stdcxx.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Retirement of stdcxx to the 'Attic'?

> Fans and contributors,
>
> it appears that the stdcxx project is entirely dormant.  The ASF has
> launched a new 'Attic' project over the past two years, to neatly
> retire dormant works until and unless a community comes along who
> wishes to revive the effort.
>
> As a simple formality your votes please;
>
>   [ ] +1 - stdcxx committee should be retired, with code sent to the Attic
>
>   [X] -1 - No, stdcxx should not fold, I am still contributing, and
>            [would serve|am serving] on its project management committee
>
> The results of this vote will be taken up by the ASF Board of Directors
> at their 15 Feb meeting.

   I have not too much time for active developing the stdcxx, but I can
review user patches, test them on a set of Microsoft compilers and
commit into svn.
In the other words, I can provide support of the stdcxx to the users if
any exist :). Also I plan to smoothly move the stdcxx in the C++ 0x
direction.
So my vote is: -1

Farid.

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may
also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or
copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.