stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <mse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C++0x support?
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 19:03:55 GMT
On 05/30/2010 11:57 AM, "C. Bergström" wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is anyone interested or actively working on C++0x support? It's my
> understanding it would be a huge effort, but that's coming from the
> people working on libc++.

There is interest within the user community but I don't believe
anyone is actively working on C++ 0x at the moment. I have a few
patches in my local tree but nothing I could check in anytime
soon. As for the effort, back in 2008 we estimated full C++ 0x
support at 2,740 engineer hours. The big ones were:

   Regular expressions (STDCXX-33): 1,080 hours
   Containers (STDCXX-32):            400 hours
   C compatibility (STDCXX-34):       340 hours
   Numerical Facilities (STDCXX-31):  320 hours
   General Utilities (STDCXX-28):     160 hours
   Function Objects (STDCXX-29):      160 hours
   Rvalue References:                 160 hours

> Also I had a build failure on FBSD-8.0 the other day, but didn't make a
> note of it. I'll probably file a proper bug report later..
>
> I'm interested to here if RogueWave's continued interest in the
> project.. We potentially will be investing in it unless it's dead and
> just purely maintenance mode..

Rogue Wave stopped putting resources into the project in the
summer of 2008. Which doesn't mean the project is dead -- just
on sabbatical :)

If someone is willing to put in development effort into stdcxx
I'm willing to help.

Martin