stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Gavin" <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject Buildbot - Useful for nightly testing?
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2009 05:20:38 GMT
Hi All,

I noticed from the last board report that you are looking for a
replacement(s) for nightly testing.

We have a Buildbot instance at http://ci.apache.org/buildbot.html &&
http://ci.apache.org/waterfall .

I have seen some of your test results at stdcxx.apache.org/builds/ and these
look comprehensive. Whilst Buildbot may not be as thorough with producing
results I hope that it can help in some way with your build testing.

Currently Buildbot is only available on Ubuntu. There are plans to expand
the build farm and so Buildbot will be available on other platforms over the
next few months.

Some questions if I can.

1. Interested?

2. Id like to test Stdcxx on Buildbot on our Ubuntu machine, can someone run
through what simple tests we can run for now? - I'll about getting it on
there over the next few days.

3. I would like a summary of what you would need to replicate either your
current build/test setup, or what you believe would be good to have at
Apache for your needs - consider that no machine is likely to be dedicated
to one project, but rather shared in a way to benefit all. Mention any
features of post-build outcomes you have or desire also.

Whilst I couldn't guarantee anything, I would like to take this to
infrastructure and use it in consideration when planning our purchasing
requirements for the build farm expansion.

Thanks

Gav...