stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Outdated nightly builds results on apache.org
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 22:03:12 GMT

Andrew Black-5 wrote:

> Greetings Martin
>
> I took a glance at the logs for the 4.2.x exports, and observe the
> following error message:
>
> /usr/bin/scp: Argument list too long
>
> This particular message is generated when the exporter script attempts
> to copy the generated files out to Apache.  The solution as I see it
> will be to manually perform the export, splitting the export list into
> pieces to avoid overloading scp.  You'll then need to manually update
> the cache file as is done at the end of static_export.sh.

It turns out that cleaning out the $HOME/.stdcxx-cache/4.2.x directory
and re-running the $HOME/bin/pubres.sh script fixed the problem. There
were over 30,000 files in the directory, nearly half of them empty. All
the empty ones were from sometime in September. There still are a bunch
of them in $HOME/.stdcxx-cache/4.3.x although not nearly as many.

I'm in the process of running $HOME/bin/mkxviews on people.apache.org
now. When it's done and when the Web server picks up the changes the
4.2.x results should be up to date. Let's keep an eye on the results
page over the next few days to make sure the problem is gone:

http://stdcxx.apache.org/builds/4.2.x/