stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Farid Zaripov <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r713762 - /stdcxx/branches/4.2.x/include/rw/_config.h
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:09:13 GMT
> I wonder if it would be worthwhile to give users the ability to
> decide whether to enable TLS in case they don't need LoadLibrary()
> or not. What do you think?

  Hmm. I only can say, that nor MSVC run-time, nor STLport nor boost libraries are not
using the implicit TLS.

  Currently the TLS variables are used in 3 places only:
- exception's what-buffer;
- table for random number generator;
- buffer for __rw_tmpbuf().

  We need to check what would be if an exception object is created in one thread (i.e. thus
"throw new exception();")
and after catch() the pointer passed to another thread and there deleted?

  The same issue with __rw_tmpbuf(). What would be if we getting the temporary buffer in one
thread using
get_temporary_buffer(), and releasing it, using return_temporary_buffer(), in another thread?

Farid.