stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Farid Zaripov <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r693419 - /stdcxx/branches/4.3.x/etc/config/xfail.txt
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:08:48 GMT
> Perhaps we need to define the process for when a failure should
> go in xfail.txt? I'd be inclined to mark a failure expected on
> a given branch when it can't be fixed on that branch given the
> release criteria (e.g., because it's incompatible). Would that
> work for everyone?

  As I understand the expected failure is failure, for which we have
unresolved JIRA issue and no matter in which release this issue is
planned to fix. When someone fix the issue he should remove
corresponding entry in xfail.txt. In ideal case the all failures at the
test results page should be an expected. Of course if some failure
can be fixed in one day (before the next nightly test results will be
obtained) there no needs to mark this failure as expected. IMHO.

Farid.