stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Travis Vitek" <Travis.Vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: Potential eccp-3.9 bug
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:57:55 GMT

Martin Sebor wrote:

>Travis Vitek wrote:
>>

>> This all seems to work when using the trait with a
>> non-template type. If you want to use a template, it
>> has to be instantiated first. I think I'm going to
>> put the Edison compiler port on hold for now.
>
>Yeah, it doesn't seem quite stable enough. Let's see what they
>come back with, but unless there's something we're missing it
>might be best to wait for 3.10. I assume HP aCC 6 isn't any
>better?

I got things working quite well on aCC 6.16. It doesn't support any of
the built-ins, but I'm able to work around a lot of those issues. The
one big issue is that I can't implement __rw_is_class<> accurately
without __is_class(). Without this I get compile failures in the
implementation of some traits that require an accurate implementation.
This causes 20.meta.unary.prop.cpp to fail to compile.

Now that we have eccp-3.10.1 I'll have another go at it.

Thanks,

Travis