stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <mse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Visual Studio 2005
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:02:47 GMT
Jeremy Dean wrote:
> I have a customer trying to use SourcePro edition 10, stdcxx 4.2.0 and
> is getting a failure when building with Visual Studio 2005.
>
> Windows Vista x32
> Visual Studion 2005
>
> ..\stdcxx-4.2.0\src\messages.cpp (217) : error C2065 'NL_CAT_LOCALE' :
> undefined identifier
>

> Any thoughts on this issue?

Not a clue. Can you reproduce it?

The NL_CAT_LOCALE macro is #defined in src/catalog.h which
should be #included at the top of messages.cpp. For the file
not to be #included neither of _RWSTD_NO_NL_TYPES_H and
_RWSTD_NO_CATOPEN_CATGETS would have to be #defined. These
are config macros that are #defined when the <nl_types.h>
POSIX header is not present or usable, or when either of
the catopen() and catclose() functions declared in it is
missing. AFAIK, Windows doesn't have <nl_types.h> so
_RWSTD_NO_NL_TYPES_H should be #defined in the generated
config header (as it is here, for example:
http://tinyurl.com/5orqrd) If it's not, something must be
screwy with the build environment. A good way to find out
would be to compare the customer's config.h header and/or
log file with yours (or one of those on our site:
http://stdcxx.apache.org/builds/4.2.0/logs/ -- follow the
H and/or L link for the platform/configuration closest to
the customer's).

Martin