stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Travis Vitek" <>
Subject RE: 22.locale.codecvt.out test failure
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:04:30 GMT

Martin Sebor wrote:
>Travis Vitek wrote:
>> The named test fails on all platforms with an EXEC error. It
>> looks like
>> the problem is that when trying to build the executable
>> '22.locale.codecvt.out', it actually generates an output file for the
>> test '22.locale.codecvt', which is obviously not going to be
>> executable.

>> I know this worked at one time because I was involved in the
>> discussion for fixing this problem the last time it came up
>> [].
>> Any ideas why this problem is back to haunt us?
>There are two tests with similar names:
>     22.locale.codecvt and 22.locale.codecvt.out
>I suspect that when 22.locale.codecvt runs, its output is redirected
>to 22.locale.codecvt.out.

Is there an echo in here? :)

>If this is true, we might want to change
>the exec utility (which does the redirection) to send the output of
>tests somewhere else.

Sure, that is one option. But that doesn't answer my question. Why is
this failing now, after it worked in the past. See

Now my new question is, why change the output file extension? It seems
that would have a better chance of causing additional failures.

View raw message