stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Lemings" <Eric.Lemi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: Default BUILDTYPE and/or BUILDMODE?
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 21:42:25 GMT

Right.  Developers usually build with debugging turned on but users will
more likely opt for optimized builds for installation.

A "release" is a copy of a source distribution (or the tagged Subversion
repositories used to create such distributions).  A "snapshot" is any
other non-released copy of the source.

Brad.