stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: status of <type_traits> with gcc
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:30:38 GMT
Travis Vitek wrote:

> Martin Sebor wrote:
>> I'm getting compilation errors with gcc 4.3. Is the implementation
>> supposed to be stable at this point with any compiler or are there
>> still some major issues?
>>

> I just did a sync of 4.3.x and a build with CXXFLAGS="-std=gnu++0x
> -D_RWSTD_EXT_CXX_0X" and didn't run into any problems with <type_traits>
> or the 20.meta.*.cpp tests (though 20.forward.cpp and
> 26.valarray.cassign.cpp both fail to compile).
>
> I did another build without those flags and I do see some compile errors
> in both the traits and tuple code. I'll fix the traits issues.

Thanks. I hadn't realized I needed -std=gnu++0x and was getting
a ton of errors. That, and I also forgot to reconfigure to get
_RWSTD_NO_VARIADIC_TEMPLATES #defined.

Btw., to make using C++ 0x easier we might want to automatically
#define _RWSTD_EXT_CXX_0X when the __GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__
macro is #defined (and #undef _RWSTD_NO_VARIADIC_TEMPLATES and
other config macros #defined as a result of the absence of the
option during configuration).