stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: question on Warning on AIX
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2008 23:35:44 GMT
Jeremy Dean wrote:
> I have a customer that is getting hundrends of warnings like this.  The
> customer is checking to make sure that these are nothing to be concerned
> about or how to resolve the warnings:

What version of the compiler is the customer using?

As Farid says, a possible explanation is that they're using a mismatched
config file, one generated by a 64-bit invocation of the compiler, while
doing a 32-bit build. Perhaps they did two builds of stdcxx in the same
build directory, one for 32 bits and another for 64 bits, and the latter
overwrote the former build's config file?

Martin