stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From pegasus2000 <pegasus2...@email.it>
Subject cin under Nanodesktop PSPE
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 22:50:27 GMT

We are working on your library and I can say that it gives already good
results under PSP. Under PSPE there are troubles, but we are solving
them. Per esempio, the trouble with io_base:init:init was derived by
the fact that, under PSPE, the global constructors and destructors
weren't initialized by the system at startup. A dedicated module under
PSP does this now.

I have another trouble. Consider the following routine:

#include <nanodesktop.h>

#include <cstdlib>
#include <cstdio>
#include <iostream>

int main(int argc, char* pArgs[])
{
    using namespace std;
    ndInitSystem ();

    for(;;)
    {
        int* p = new int;
        cin >> *p;

        printf ("I am here \n");

        if (*p < 0)
        {
            delete p;
            break;
        }
    }
}

I have seen that cin >> *p has a different
behaviour that scanf.

And, in fact, when I press the ENTER key on
the virtual keyboard of the PSP, cin doesn't
transfer the value in *p, and the message
"I'm here" isn't printed on the screen.

Can you say me what is the routine that manages
cin ? So, I can patch it for nd.

Thanks.