stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: official location for stdcxx build results
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 19:22:00 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
> Eric Lemings wrote:
>>
>> Also,
>>
>> http://stdcxx.apache.org/builds/4.2.x/linux_redhat_el-5.0-em64t-gcc-4.1.
>> 1.html
>>
>> Row 96.  1?
>
> This comes from the exec output in the 11d and 15D logs:
>
> 22.locale.codecvt.out                    ./run (22.locale.codecvt.out):
> execv ("./22.locale.codecvt.out", ...) error: Exec format error
>      1    0                         0.000   0.000   0.010
>
> Apparently execv() failed to execute the file. We should adjust
> the exec utility to produce better output that can be interpreted
> and formatted by the xcomp.awk script.

There are a couple of problems here: first, the child process
should indicate to the parent the nature of the exec() failure
by returning the appropriate exit status (as specified by
POSIX). Second, the exit status returned by the child needs
to be correctly interpreted (currently it isn't). I fixed
both of these problems (and more) in the following two commits.
Since the parent process now correctly handles the exit status
and reports the failure as it should (via the EXEC status)
I also removed the exec error that was screwing up the parser.