stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Move web-related scripts from distribution to web site?
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 19:16:38 GMT
Eric Lemings wrote:

> There are currently a number of scripts in the repository that comprise
> various stages of the distribution (stdcxx/trunk, stdcxx/branches, etc.)
> that  really serve no purpose in the distribution (thought they may
> utilize it) but actually are used to generate, maintain, publish, or
> otherwise support the web site (e.g. publishing nightly test results).
>
> Shouldn't these files be moved to the stdcxx/site repository?  Seems to
> me this would be a more appropriate place for such files.

It probably would be, except that they depend on the format
of the output produced by the buildntest script and the exec
utility, the latter of which is fairly tightly coupled with
the test driver (via the command line interface of each test).

It might even make sense to separate the whole test suite
from the library and into a project of its own, but that
seems like a far bigger bite than we should take right now.

Martin