stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <>
Subject Re: Is it possible to compile STDCXX without mmap/munmap support ?
Date Sun, 04 May 2008 21:22:21 GMT
pegasus2000 wrote:
> Playstation Portable hasn't support for MMU, so the function mmap and munmap
> aren't
> supported. I'm working in order to port STDCXX under nd environment.
> Is it possible to compile and to use this library without mmap and munmap
> routines ?

mmap() is only needed in the stdcxx "native" implementation
of locales, i.e., to open our own locale databases instead of
using the operating system's ones. This mode is optional (with
the libc/OS mode being the default) but it's always compiled
in. Here's a simple patch to compile the library on a platform
with no mmap():

I created an issue to enhance the library to get the native
locale mode to work even in environments with no mmap() or

You can subscribe to the issue if you'd like to get notified
when we've implemented the enhancement.

View raw message