stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to compile STDCXX without mmap/munmap support ?
Date Sun, 04 May 2008 21:22:21 GMT
pegasus2000 wrote:

> Playstation Portable hasn't support for MMU, so the function mmap and munmap
> aren't
> supported. I'm working in order to port STDCXX under nd environment.
>
> Is it possible to compile and to use this library without mmap and munmap
> routines ?

mmap() is only needed in the stdcxx "native" implementation
of locales, i.e., to open our own locale databases instead of
using the operating system's ones. This mode is optional (with
the libc/OS mode being the default) but it's always compiled
in. Here's a simple patch to compile the library on a platform
with no mmap():
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12381393/stdcxx-908.patch

I created an issue to enhance the library to get the native
locale mode to work even in environments with no mmap() or
equivalent:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-908

You can subscribe to the issue if you'd like to get notified
when we've implemented the enhancement.

Martin