stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Lemings" <Eric.Lemi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: New 27.basic.ios.cpp test migrated (LONG)
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:39:19 GMT

Another "useful" compiler warning?  I'm not surprised.  HP aCC 6 has
about as many real warnings as MSVC 8 and 9.  You just can't put much
stock in compiler warnings these days.

I wonder what the rationale for the warning is?  The syntax and
semantics
of C and C++ clearly allows extern specifiers in function definitions.
I'll have to look it up in HP's aCC docs.

Brad.