stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Lemings" <Eric.Lemi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: process for filing issues
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:16:43 GMT

I'd like to propose the following change to the process for filing
issues.

"After an issue is created and categorized as a defect (bug), it
can not be assigned to a particular release until the scope of the
issue is determined (i.e. the causality of the issue needs to be
analyzed)."

If this is not done, the scope of the issue can easily fall outside
the plans for the release.  If -- for example -- we're planning to
release a new version -- even a patch release -- in a matter of
weeks or days, assigning 8 new unscoped issues to the release within
a 2 day timeframe will only wreck those plans.

Would like to see a vote taken on this proposal.

Thanks,
Brad.