stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Farid Zaripov" <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject Re: Exit code 3 on MSVC and ICC/Windows
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:09:44 GMT
From: Travis Vitek [mailto:Travis.Vitek@roguewave.com]
To: dev@stdcxx.apache.org
Subject: RE: Exit code 3 on MSVC and ICC/Windows

> Yes, but unfortunately I can't reproduce most of those exit 3 failures
> locally. Here are a list of programs that fail with code 3 in nightly
> builds...

>   22.locale.codecvt.length
>   22.locale.codecvt.out
>   22.locale.ctype.is
>   22.locale.ctype.scan
>   22.locale.ctype.tolower
>   22.locale.ctype.toupper
>   22.locale.ctype
>   22.locale.moneypunct.mt
>   22.locale.time.get.mt
>   22.locale.time.get
>   22.locale.time.put

> I see no problem if I run these executables, either by themselves or
> under the exec utility...
>
> So I'm stumped how this exit code 3 thing can be coming up if the
> program itself returns 0, and the exec utility correctly detects the
> return code.
>
> Are you able to reproduce the exit code 3, or at least a debug dialog
> for any of the above mentioned tests?

  No, I not able. The only tests, that exits with status 3 on my side are:

21.string.assign.stdcxx-629.exe               3    0                         0.000   0.015
 11.015
21.string.insert.stdcxx-632.exe               3    0                         0.000   0.031
  4.734
21.string.replace.stdcxx-170.exe              3    0                         0.015   0.015
  4.531
23.vector.modifiers.stdcxx-495.exe            3    0                         0.000   0.015
  3.656

Farid.