stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: ABI problem on Darwin
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:37:26 GMT
Eric Lemings wrote:

> [...]

I'm afraid I'm confused about what exactly is the problem,
or if there even is one. Can you summarize what symptoms
users might see in the following two scenarios, and what
is the workaround:

1) In a program compiled and linked with 4.2.0 the user
    replaces libstd.dylib.4.2.0 with libstd.dylib.4.2.1.

2) In a program compiled and linked with 4.2.1 the user
    replaces libstd.dylib.4.2.1 with libstd.dylib.4.2.0.

In both of these, the library is NOT in BUILDDIR/lib but
rather under PREFIX/lib (e.g., /usr/local/lib).

Thanks
Martin