stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] stdcxx 4.2.1 release
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:00:45 GMT
Eric Lemings wrote:

> There are some link errors in the tests on Solaris, one of which is the
> new 22.locale.synopsis test which, I was under the impression was not to
> be included in this patch release (along with the other migrated
> tests).

It's not included. Are you sure you tested the release candidate
tarball and not something else?

$ wget -q
http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx-4.2.1-rc-3/stdcxx-4.2.1.tar.gz &&
gunzip -c stdcxx-4.2.1.tar.gz | tar -tvf - | grep 22\.locale\.synopsis
|| echo NOT FOUND
NOT FOUND

> Since it is a new test, its not so critical I think.  I'll file
> an issue for this.
>
> There are also runtime link errors on Darwin 8 and 9 (i.e. Tiger and
> Leopard) due to incompatible library versions.  Example:

Does this mean that stdcxx 4.2.1 isn't binary compatible with
4.2.0 on Darwin or that there is a problem with a dependency
on some system library or something like that? (I can't tell
for sure from the output you pasted below.) Either way, is
this something new? (I don't recall it being mentioned when
we did our binary compatibility testing two weeks ago.)

Martin