stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: nightly build errors
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:43:32 GMT
Scott Zhong wrote:
> Win 2000 icl-9.1 15s and 8s appears that the run did not find config.h
> will investigate today.
>
> Win 2003 em64t error with DATA, these appeared to be a machine related
> issue.

The Intel C++ 9.1/Win2k/x86 log
http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/results/win_2000-4-x86-icl-9.1-15s-win32-647275-log.gz.txt
shows this error:

   ### Post-processing for Batman
   D:\bman5\builds\34648736\source-buildspace\parse_runlog.wsf(191, 6)
   Microsoft JScript runtime error: Path not found

           1 file(s) copied.

I would find it useful to know what path wasn't found but the
parse_runlog.wsf script doesn't check to see that the path exists
before calling GetFolder():

     186 function checkUtilsRWtest()
     187 {
     188     var utilsFound = 0;
     189     var utilsGood = 0;
     190     var dirName = buildDir + "\\" + buildType + "\\"
                                    + utilBaseBuildDir;
     191     var folder = fso.GetFolder(dirName);
     192     var state = "L";
     193     if (! folder)
     194         return;
     195

The documentation for GetFolder() says that an error occurs when
the path doesn't exist:
   http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f1xtf7ta(VS.85).aspx

Maybe we could enhance the script to check to call FolderExist()
first and report an error when it doesn't:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5xc78d8d(VS.85).aspx

Martin