stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Lemings" <Eric.Lemi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: OpenMP support?
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:20:20 GMT

>From what I understand, OpenMP is still a niche technology, used
primarily
on massively parallel architectures, for subatomic particle simulations
and that sort of thing.  Interesting, yes.  But useful?  That's
debatable.

Also, the OpenMP specification relies heavily on preprocessing
directives
and other language features so its not like most conventional
technologies
for concurrent programming such as the traditional library API.

It's something of a paradigm shift.

Brad.