stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: regression in set::insert() (was: Re: __rw::__string_ref::size sigsegv)
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 22:23:45 GMT
Travis Vitek wrote:

> Martin Sebor wrote:
>> I suspect the SEGV discussed in the thread below is due to the patch
>> for STDCXX-216: http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?view=rev&rev=616673
>>
>> Reverting the patch makes the error go away. Travis, can you look
>> into it when you have a moment please?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Martin
>>

> Yes, I see the error. I'm creating a patch and a regression test right now.

Thanks!

We'll need to take some time to write robust tests for the associative
containers, just like Farid did for sequences last year. Otherwise it's
far to easy to inadvertently introduce regressions. The tests we have
are probably completely inadequate.

We also need to put together some sort of a regression hunter. With all
the failures we still have in our test suite it's impossible to tell if
one or more of them is a regression.

Martin