stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: STDCXX-488
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:28:55 GMT
The failure currently observed is an inability to load the libstd
library in dynamic builds.  When the RPATH makefile variable was
introduced, it was decided that it was a cleaner way to provide the
executables with a location for the library than the alternative.  That
alternative is to have some complex logic to determine whether the path
should be prepended to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64, SHLIBPATH,
DYLDPATH, or some other platform-dependent environment variable.

--Andrew Black