stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r628839 - /stdcxx/trunk/tests/self/0.braceexp.cpp
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 02:06:32 GMT
Travis Vitek wrote:

[...]
> I'm honestly leaning toward implementing the behavior of either csh or
> ksh, and adding support for bash style sequences.

This sounds perfectly reasonable to me. IMO, these are all corner
cases that I suspect we're unlikely to run into in our limited uses
of the function. (As much fun as they are to talk about.)

The one question that we do need to decide is how the function should
deal with whitespace. I.e., whether <pcs-char> in the grammar includes
the set of whitespace characters or whether they are treated as special
delimiters.

Martin