stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: MSVC 8 build failures on Vista/EM64T
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 15:54:23 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
> Farid Zaripov wrote:
[snip]
>>   But anyway maybe it makes sense to schedule the builds on the same
>> machine to not run at the same time?

The scheduling system doesn't allow for the concept of mutually
exclusive requests/runs, meaning only one build of X can be running at a
given time.

> Most of our machines are set up to run N or N + 1 builds in parallel
> (where N is the number of CPUs). We might be able to throttle one
> down now but eventually it'll get cranked up again otherwise we
> wouldn't get the kind of throughput we need. Se we might as well
> figure out what's causing it now. If you can't reproduce it maybe
> it's an installation problem again.
>
> Btw., another interesting thing to note is that the links to the
> same build logs on the result page are unavailable:
>   http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/results/
>
> Andrew, any idea if that's relevant and what it might mean?

Looking at the date of the runs (nearly a month old), I think what
happened is the build log attachment aged out of the backend database,
so the exporter script didn't generate a link to them - even if they
might exist on disk at Apache.  Given the backlog of requests on the
operating system, I suspect the workers may have glitched, so I'll be
taking a look at them.