stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Travis Vitek <vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: HP-UX 11.23 aCC 3.73
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 23:34:01 GMT

Scott Zhong-2 wrote:

> Hi while compiling executables with stdcxx I ran into the following
> warnings during linking with +nostl flag:
>
> ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "ostream::operator <<(const char *)" in
> file /usr/lib/pa20_64/libstd.sl
> ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "Class tables [Vtable] for type
> "bad_alloc"" in file /usr/lib/pa20_64/libstd.sl
> ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "Class tables [Vtable] dependent on key
> function: "exception::~exception()"" in file /usr/lib/pa20_64/libstd.sl
> ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "typeid<exception>" in file
> /usr/lib/pa20_64/libstd.sl
> ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "exception::~exception()" in file
> /usr/lib/pa20_64/libstd.sl
> ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "istream::do_ipfx(int)" in file
> /usr/lib/pa20_64/libstd.sl
>
> after some research, I found that the compile lines needed +nostl as
> well to not include the stl that was shipped with HP-UX compiler.  But
> doing this I ran into compiler issues such as these:

Scott,

>From my quick look at what you've posted above, it appears that you are
overlooking the actual problem.

If you look at the original linker error, you'll see that the linker is
attempting to link using the native library [/usr/lib/pa20_64/libstd.sl]. If
you're using +nostl, then you should not be linking to the native library,
right?

I'd venture to guess that the build would go a little better if it were
trying to link to the stdcxx library.

Travis