stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Travis Vitek" <Travis.Vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r610849 - /incubator/stdcxx/branches/autotools/
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:03:07 GMT

Brad,

We use a slightly modified version of the GNU ChangeLog format to
describe all changes that are committed to subversion for the stdcxx
project. There is a quick overview of the ChangeLog format at
http://incubator.apache.org/stdcxx/bugs.html#patches, and a more
detailed description at
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Change-Logs.html.

The two things that I believe are different from the GNU ChangeLog
format are that we use relative paths to describe files instead of just
filename, and we sometimes include multiple users on a single change.
I've linked to two changes below for reference. We only started doing
the relative path thing recently, so you won't see that in any of the
older changes.

  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=425242 [multiple users]
  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=610576 [relative paths]

That said, I believe that the general format for a ChangeLog when
branching is to use the branch name where the relative path would
usually go. Something like this...

  2008-01-10  Brad Lemmings  <lemmings@roguewave.com>

	* branches/autotools: New branch based off trunk/ at rev 610576

Now that the change has been committed, I don't know if there is
anything that can be done to change the log. Hopefully someone else will
jump in here and enlighten us.

Travis