stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r610849 - /incubator/stdcxx/branches/autotools/
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:36:27 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> Greetings Travis.
>
> Subversion does allow editing of change logs, though the process isn't
> the most straight forward.  One description of the process can be found
> at
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.reposadmin.maint.html#svn.reposadmin.maint.setlog
> .  I believe we have access to the 'svn propset' command.

That's right. Farid's the expert on changing log messages ;-)
but svn propedit has worked well for me. The command to edit
Brad's ChangeLog is

svn propedit svn:log --revprop -r610849 \
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stdcxx/

> Updates made in this manner aren't processed by the JIRA hooks, so it
> isn't possible to go back and add a JIRA reference, and have the change
> be automatically added to the JIRA task.

Correct. That's why entering the wrong issue number in a ChangeLog
is kind of a big deal: it ends up in the wrong Jira issue and can
easily confuse people into thinking it's a patch for the issue.

Martin