stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: low hanging fruit while cleaning up test failures
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 17:00:38 GMT
Travis Vitek wrote:

> Martin Sebor wrote:
>> I added a new function, rw_fnmatch(), to the test driver. It behaves just
>> like the POSIX fnmatch() (the FNM_XXX constants aren't implemented
>> yet). While the main purpose behind the new function is to support
>> STDCXX-683 it should make it easier to also implement a scheme like
>> the one outlined below.
>>
>> Travis, feel free to experiment/prototype a solution :)
>>
>> Martin
>>

> What expression should be used to get an appropriate set of locales for a
> given platform? I can't really expect a filter for all UTF-8 locales to work
> on all platforms as some don't have those encodings available at all. If I
> filter by language, then I may be limiting the testing to some always
> correct subset. Is that acceptable for the MT tests?

I think the MT ctype tests just need to exercise a representative
sample of multi-byte encodings (i.e., MB_CUR_MAX between 1 and
MB_LEN_MAX). There already is some code in the test suite to find
locales that use these encodings, although it could be made more
efficient. I don't know how useful rw_fnmatch() will turn out to
be in finding these codesets since their names don't matter.

Martin