stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Farid Zaripov" <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject RE: _RWSTD_VER value on trunk
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:24:15 GMT
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Martin Sebor [mailto:msebor@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Martin Sebor
> Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 7:17 AM
> To: stdcxx-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: _RWSTD_VER value on trunk

  I like the idea to #define _RWSTD_VER macro in config.h.
This solution will helps in the implementing the STDCXX-610 issue
(#include <config.h> instead of a bit complex <rw/_defs.h>).

  Also I'd like to #define _RWSHARED there, because at the moment
the user should explicitly #define this macro in user's project settings
(like as the build infrastructure defines this macro when building the
examples and tests in shared builds).

  Actually _RWSHARED is required only on Windows, and we can
avoid this macro if we will check the __declspec(dllexport/dllimport)
at the configure step (the DLL_EXPORT.cpp test from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12371951/dllexport.patc
will fail in static builds).

  And, possibly, the _RWSTDDEBUG. Because what the sence to
link the some project, compiled without _RWSTDDEBUG #defined,
with the library, built with _RWSTDDEBUG #defined? And vice versa.

Farid.