stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [PING] Re: library and build sizes on Windows
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:03:39 GMT
Duft Markus wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I assume you're not in C/C++ ?

That's right. I think the Windows scripts are written in some
Microsoft flavor of JavaScript or some such scripting language.

> There you could get the times you want
> with the GetProcessTimes() API. I don't think that theres a ready to use
> programm like /bin/time for this, but it should't be too hard to write
> something like this.

We need to get the date at the start of the build, before the
compiler has been detected, so I'm hoping it can be done in
the VisualStudio JavaScript to avoid having to compile it.

Martin