stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: _RWSTD_LIB_SRC macro is not #defined in src/export.cpp
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:30:13 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
>   I've found that _RWSTD_LIB_SRC macro is not #defined in src/export.cpp
> file.
>
>   This is a mistake, or it's required by design?

The file is currently only used when compiling with EDG eccp when
exported templates are enabled. I don't think (but I'm not 100%
sure) we want to #define _RWSTD_LIB_SRC in this case because the
effect is to #define _RWSTD_NO_TEMPLATE_DEFINITIONS. You will
need to give it a try to see what happens. If nothing breaks
we should probably #define it. If it doesn't work because of
exported templates we should probably add a comment to the file
explaining the restriction so that someone doesn't accidentally
cause a regression by following the convention used in the rest
of library sources.

Martin