stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Intel C++ 9.1/Win XP build timeouts
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 04:53:33 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
> [...]

Great, thanks! Let's keep an eye on the Intel C++ builds on Windows
XP and try to figure out what the bottleneck is.

>> Also, do you have any idea why the build cscript would refuse
>> to die when killed like Andrew says?
>
>   Because they are the different processes (cscript is the child
> process of the  build_xxx.bat). But when some process is killed
> the child processes are not killed. They would be killed if the all
> processes belongs to the same job object. But I don't know
> how create the job object and assign to it from the batch file.
>
>   Maybe the BATMAN could do this before executing the batch file?

Sounds like that would be the right place to make the change. Let
me see if we can get it implemented on the Batman side of things,
or in the build script.

Travis, do you have enough experience with the Windows Scripting
Host to modify the stdcxx build script that Batman invokes to do
this?

Martin